Terry Brooks' autograph (The Sword of Shannara)






I will gladly buy a book I wouldn't otherwise buy (meaning I'd have no interest in ever reading it) if it is autographed.  And if it is also inscribed -- are you kidding me? -- I'm so there.  And should the book I wouldn't otherwise buy be signed and inscribed.... And also happens to be an iconic title, I will eagerly snatch it off the second hand / library discard / thrift store shelves faster than you can say "bibliophile" backwards.  Even if it's just a mass market paperback with severely sun toned text blocks and a creased spine or; worse, crushed silverfish stained right into the very fibers of the first front paper.... Why even then (hell yes! that's how committed yrs. truly is!) will I still let drop my two hard earned quarters on the check out counter for it. Case in point: Terry Brooks in the first volume of his legendary The Sword of Shannara series.

"To Pat / With Magic / Terry Brooks"



Now, Pat, whoever you are or, perhaps now, maybe were, God bless you, and thank you so much for discarding your beat up book signed and inscribed by Terry Brooks.  I'm not a fan of fantasy, of course (excluding Lord of the Rings, Mervyn Peake's Gormenghast Trilogy, RAWs The Illuminatus! Trilogy, et cetera, and maybe just a handful of others I can't recall by name at the moment) but I am and always will be an aficionado of autographs.  So, thanks again, Pat, for leaving me a bit of magic by Terry Brooks to find.







more autographs

Comments